Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Idea

So, I went to an event titled Time Out for Women and at this event they encouraged the women in attendance to BECOME something. So I decided to take this challenge, first I thought about the presenter who became a runner in response to this challenge. Then I thought about how much I didn't want to run. Instead I continued to listen as the other presenters talked about their challenges. One thing kept jumping out at me and that was to focus on how Life is Good. Then the idea came to me, I would become a blogger. That had to be way easier than running! The idea behind the blog would be how Life is Good. We live in a not-always-so-great world, but there are so many good things that I think we forget about because the bad always seems to overshadow them. My purpose in becoming a blogger is to bring focus back to those good things. I don't know that anyone else will care what I am writing about, but I know that focusing on the good things in my life will help me and my family. So if I am the only one who reads this (and my very supportive husband) then that's fine. So let's start this Life Uplifted thing:

Life is good today because:

 ...when I came home from this event my beautiful 2 year old ran up to me and said, "Mommy I need to give you a big hug and a big kiss cuz you were gone!" Talk about the best part of life!!

... I got to spend the afternoon out with my husband and a friend for a movie and dinner.

...of Cold Stone ice cream. YUM!!

Life will be great today if BYU can win this rivalry game. Guess that part will have to be seen later.

No comments:

Post a Comment